- In the press
- Dog Blogs
- Dog Parks
- Log In
The Richmond Hill K9 Klub is the community organization that was instrumental in the successful opening of the Leash-free Dog Parks in Richmond Hill, Ontario. In partnership with the Town of Richmond Hill, the K9 Klub maintains the facilities and educates park users of rules and appropriate park etiquette. We actively promote responsible dog ownership, community stewardship and we regularly participate in and host local events for dog related recreation.
To keep in touch with the status of the parks and other dog related news and events, please ensure you are on our monthly newsletter list. Just click on the “Get our Newsletter” button in the right margin. Here you can register as a new subscriber or, if the system recognizes your email, you’ll be able to update your profile more completely. Rest assured we do not share any of this information without your permission.
- The best way to show your support for the park and our causes is to become a paid member. Go to the Klubhouse tab – membership.
- To kick it up a notch further, become an active contributor to our forums, attend our public meetings and events or even volunteer some time. We would also appreciate donations to help us with our cause and to pay for additional amenities in the park.
- Opened Richmond Hill’s first Leash Free Park (Pilot Project) at Tower Hill Road October 2009
- Established Park Maintenance Volunteer Group October 2009
- Launched Monthly Newsletter November 2009
- Launched New Website January, 2010
- Held first Annual General Meeting April 13, 2010 with a huge turnout
- Helped the Richmond Hill Parks, Recreation & Cuture Department plant over 300 trees and shrubs around the Tower Hill park perimeter on May 5, 2010.
- Installed permanent notice board at Tower Hill July 2010
- Planted 6 new trees within the Tower Hill park October 2010
- Completed successful Dog Park Pilot Project at Tower Hill April 2011
- Helped the Earth Day Network log its 100,000,000th act of green with our ‘Pitch In’ at the park April 2011!
- Pooch Party 2011 & 2012! Wonderfully successful with huge attendance!
- Grand Opening of the off-leash dog area at Phyllis Rawlinson’s Park September 29, 2012
Celebrating Canines & Community!