- In the press
- Dog Blogs
- Dog Parks
- Log In
Richmond Hill Off Leash Dog Area Rules
(Park Use By-law 16-83)
|Hours of Use:||April 15 to October 15 – 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
October 16 to April 14 – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The following dogs are NOT permitted within the off leash area:
- Unlicensed dogs
- Female dogs in heat
- Male dogs that have not been neutered
- Dogs without up-to-date vaccinations; and
- Dogs required to be muzzled pursuant to the Dog Owner’s Liability Act (e.g. pit bulls)
- Dogs must be accompanied by an owner of at least 16 years of age.
- No one owner may be responsible for more than 3 dogs in the off leash area.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the off leash area.
- Glass containers and other breakable materials capable of causing injury to a dog are not permitted within the off leash area.
- Owners are responsible for picking up after their dog.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted within the off leash area.
- Dogs in the off leash area must be within visible range of their owner. Owners are responsible for their dogs at all times.
For animal control please call the OSPCA at 1-888-668-7722
Richmond Hill By-law Enforcement 905-771-0198
Please call the Town of Richmond Hill at 905-771-8800 if you have other inquiries or concerns
Additional tips for the park:
- The off-leash area is for dogs, handlers, and those accompanying them; no other use is permitted.
- Dogs must be removed from the off-leash area at the first sign of aggression.
- Be ready to take control of any situation – you are responsible for your dogs behaviour.
- Training (prong and choke) & spiked collars should be removed while in the park to prevent injury.
- Please fill any holes that have been dug to avoid the possibility of injury to both dogs, and humans.
- Do not give a treat to someone else’s dog without their permission.
- Pay attention; dogs playing do not watch out for people in their way.
- Bring water for your dog and be sure to take it with you when you leave; bowls or water left behind will be removed by Klub volunteers for safety.
- Bring bags for waste pickup and be sure to remove your garbage from the park when you leave.